Redbubble

Catartist at Etsy

Monday 13 September 2010

Laurel Burch 31st December 1945 - 13 September 2007

Laurel Burch was a self taught painter who filled her world with fabulously colourful paintings and designs - wildlife, flowers, people - they all became part of a delicious rainbow. Starting with very little and with a rare bone disease she made jewellery and painted.
I first became aware of her many years ago when I spotted her cat designs - they caught my eye - here was a woman painting with all the colours I loved and not afraid to use them - it was as if she had glimpsed my daydreams and translated them with paint.
She sadly died three years ago today but her legacy lives on - I only have to look at her paintings to be transported to a magical world.

No comments:

Post a Comment